Friday, September 10, 2010

Catty

cat·ty 1
play_w2("C0168200")
(kt)
adj. cat·ti·er, cat·ti·est
1. Subtly cruel or malicious; spiteful: a catty remark.


I have had this word floating in my head for the last week or so. Before I looked up the definition I thought to myself well... When I get together with my best friends, Danielle, Michael or Ally I can be catty, but after looking at the definition, I have decided that I am not catty; instead I can gossip. I gossip about people with my besties and family. I admit it. It's like a past time. I know.. probably not my best quality.. but it's really harmless. We laugh and giggle. Usually we even love the people that we gossip about. You know.. who's dating who.. what do you think about them, why is she so weird. Did you see that outfit.. I would never wear that. Those kinds of things. But catty is something totally different now that I have looked at the definition.

Why would someone want to be known as catty? If you have something cruel or spiteful to say, just why not come at me and say what you have to say? Why be underhanded about it? I mean.. I can take it. I can put my big girl pants on and probably say something back at you that will make you want to crawl under the rock that you came from and never come back out. I mean.. sure I will probably cry afterwards, but don't take that for weakness .. please understand that is being sensitive and not really ever wanting to hurt another person with my actions. It really hurts my heart when I think I have hurt another person. Even if I don't know them at all. I mean we are all humans and therefore in some way interconnected by God, or whatever form of belief you choose. So, when I hurt someone, I feel really badly cause I feel like in some way I am also hurting God. I know.. that is a far stretch for some, but it's one of those messed up belief things I carry. But put in a corner, I my claws will come out.. It's me being imperfect.


That being said. Catty sucks. Catty people suck. I have decided I will now always ignore catty people.. Cause if they are Catty, then they can not be my friend. True statement.

Wow, I feel better, that had been floating for much too long for my own good.

2 comments:

  1. I agree - Catty people suck. They can go in the same category as passive-agressives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's a blog topic all in itself. Thanks for giving me a topic :D

    ReplyDelete