Friday, October 8, 2010

Sometimes you just gotta put it out there.

Do you know why I have a great boyfriend? Let me tell you some of the things that he does that makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

1. After staying up for more than 24 hours, I break out in hives and he gets up, worried.. drives me to the hospital and sits with me for 3 more hours to make sure that I am okay. I didn't understand how concerned he was at the time.. but the level of care and compassion surpassed all else.

2. Again, I am sick... and I am swelling up everywhere, and he is ready to leave where he is at to sit with me in the ER. I choose not to go that night because I knew that he would be pulled away from what he was doing.. and I knew if I could get home, I could get everything I needed, and I had an epi-pen.

3. He worries that he will disappoint me with a birthday gift. He doesn't understand that anything that he would do would put a grin on my face.. because he remembered me and took the time to do something special. :D That's the part that matters.

4. He remembers the small things, like getting my favorite soda, and buying me a simple card that puts into words what he wants to say.

5. He can ask for help when he needs it.. but only when he needs it and doesn't take advantage of the fact that I am the type of person that would do anything for pretty much anyone.. He doesn't take advantage of that part of my heart.

6. If he perceives that he does something wrong, it really matters to him. I can see it in his heart, mind and soul. I can feel the pain that he carries and I want to take it away and remind him that I do not need perfection :D

7. He let's me pick the movies even if he is not that interested in them. This may not seem like a big thing, but really it is. Because I love movies so much.

8. He celebrates my nerdy side. That I like to do crafts, and stitch. I have been made fun of for those things, and I have actually stopped doing many things because of it. I have only recently picked them back up.

9. He remembers to hold my hand. Silly huh? But he remembers.

10. He makes cuddling in bed watching a browns game a happy time. He doesn't even realize that he makes the small things adventures. It's an adventure because I am creating a new memory of happiness with my boy.


Aren't I pretty lucky? How can I not be in love with a man like him? How can't I know that this is exactly what I want? Why can't that be crystal clear :D

I think it is should be, and I would love for you opinion on this matter...

No comments:

Post a Comment